Friday, November 6, 2009

Let the countdown begin...

I have one week to go. One more week and I can begin moving my stuff out of the ex boy's house and into my new house! I don't know how I've made it this long, but I have. I'm so excited! As I was driving home from work today, I got stuck in traffic on I-35, right before you exit onto Hwy 9, by Riverwind Casino. At first I thought it was just typical Friday 6:00 traffic, but then I thought wreck. And I was right. I will so not miss the drive home. In the last year, I bet I've seen close to 50 cars rear ended in that exact same location. I kept thinking to myself, "if I lived in Norman, I'd be home by now". No more commute!!

It will be so nice to not live in podunk, USA anymore. I'm not a small town girl. I am by no means a big city girl either. I get lost too easily. If I'm not lost, I'm confused. I guess I'm a really big town girl. Or a small city girl? I'm excited to be closer to my friends. I feel like I reject a lot of invitations because I hate driving to OKC or back to Norman if I've already had to drive to and from work. I feel like I'm going to have a life again. And that makes me extremely happy!

Since my last blog post, I haven't really packed anything at all. I decided it was just too difficult to do a little at a time. Doing it all last minute may be stressful, but I have lots of practice at procrastinating. It's kinda like my specialty! As long as I have caffeine flowing through my veins, I'll be just fine.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I am so excited for you and I can't wait to hear about all the great new things that will be happening in your life soon! I think that's a really smart idea to put off packing - because if you wait until you are ready to move directly - you will be so excited about the new house that the small things (and sadness) will be overpowered by that excitement!! You're ALMOST there!:)

reese said...

its going to be so much fun to have you back in Norman!!!! yippy for slumber parties !!

Stephie J said...

Hi!! noticed ur comment on the cardi boots and read u liked wearing them tall because of the bottons on the other side. U can actually wear them short and show the nice buttons as well.

We sell them in my store and u just have to fold them differently and u can button them thru the bigger buttons.

basically just fold it down then fold the bigger buttons back