As you can probably tell, I've been absent from the world of blogging for a little while now! But I'm back, and I'm better than ever! My life hit a road bump, and things have been a bit crazy lately, but things are starting to feel "normal" again.
(Minus the cuh-razy-ness of the holiday season, of course. But I'll get to that at some point...)
I'm in my new house, and it's finally set in that this is really my new place. It felt really weird at first. And it was really hard. I had to mourn my old house, and get used to all the "new-ness" of my life as a single gal. Because not only is the house new to me, so is everythng in it... the living room furniture, dining room, bed... it just felt so strange at first. I really miss the old bed. My dog and I fit much better in a queen than a full. And the mattress isn't nearly as comfy! It wasn't just the new house, either. It was the little things, too. A new route to work, a new bank, a new gas station, a new trash day, a new cable provider, a new phone (I heart my Iphone!!), realizing things I left behind...
Anyhoo, it's all starting to feel not so weird. And I couldn't be happier about that. I plan on trying to get back in the blogging community and focus on all the positive things I have going on. I'm looking forward to my friend Phoebe coming in from China, and going to a Christmas get together with our friends next week. I've finally gotten back on the treadmill after taking over a month off from walking/jogging. I plan on doing a 5K in the spring... even if I walk most of it, I just want to stay active! I can't wait to spend Christmas with my family and exchange gifts and pig out! They've been so helpful and supportive the last few months, so I'm certainly thankful for that!
As far as this weekend... I ended up with a three day weekend! I didn't have any clients today, so I don't go back to work until Tuesday. It's definitely picking up for the holidays, but Saturdays are always kind of weird for me. I'm either really busy... or I have the day off! So I took today to do laundry and clean the house, that way I can enjoy the next two days. I think tomorrow I'll go to Barnes & Noble, grab a coffee, and browse the books... Monday, I think I'll catch a movie. I really want to see Brothers, anyone seen it yet?
So, I guess that's all you get for now... I promise it won't be another month before I blog again!!
2 comments:
Congrats on all your new beginnings and adventures. Sometimes change can surprise you. oxox
I'm so glad you blogged again! The hardest time is behind you now! Here's to a wonderful 2010! Maybe we'll do that 5K together! : )
Post a Comment