Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Aquarium Adventure

So... number 13 on my list was go to the aquarium... and I did that Monday! It just so happened to work out that three of my friends all ended up with Monday off, and we decided to hit the road, get out of town for the day, and have a little fun. We had such a blast checking out the fish, watching the sharks swim and eat, taking pictures, and touching starfish and crabs! The four of us even crowded in a tiny photo booth and attempted to get all our faces in a group photo! Afterwards, we took off in search of a place to eat and ended up at Los Cabos... YUMMY!! I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of photos my Iphone produced. I left my camera at home since the battery was low, but I really think my phone worked great. Here are some of my favorite things...
These beavers were enjoying a little lunch...


How cute are these frogs?!


And how cool are these little spotted jellyfish?



And now the big jellyfish... ever see Seven Pounds?


A pot bellied seahorse...


SHARKS!!





This picture didn't turn out well, but it is an otter. And I have decided that I would like a couple of pet otters. I could watch them swim around and play all day long. They are so CUTE!!


These fish only swim vertically. How weird is that?


The electric eel... this thing was crazy!


More cool stuff...





If you haven't been, I would recommend it as a fun day trip, especially if you have kiddos. It's not a real big aquarium, but I think it's just big enough not to get overwhelmed or worn out, since it doesn't take all day to get through and see everything!

2 comments:

reese said...

man you got some good shark pics!!! and Los Cabos was amazing!!!! mmm... I wish we had one here...or even in the city!

Brandi said...

Wow! I'm amazed at how well your phone took pics too! We took Kaeden there last year and he had a blast - but he was afraid of the sharks and wanted to get out of there ASAP! :O