Well, it's been brought to my attention that I haven't blogged in quite some time. My dear friend Reese, over at Bits & Pieces, even e-mailed a new blog background to nudge me in the direction of blogging again. So here I am, new background and all!
I've actually been planning on this since the beginning of the year... I've come across a fantastic blog, Yes and Yes, who has compiled a list of 31 new things she wants to try before her 31st birthday. After reading her list and several others, I started to work on my own. What I loved about her list is that everything seemed attainable, yet it was still enough to be a little challenging. I'm not thinking of mine in terms of a "bucket list", but something fun to keep me busy, focused, and a little challenged. The first thing I noticed when I began, was that 34 things seemed like a lot. So... I came up with as many as I could, because I can always add more throughout the process. Oh, and I'm giving myself the whole year, not until my birthday. August will be here before I know it, and I don't want to be reminded! I'd LOVE to see others participate in this, as I think it would be a lot of fun!
1. Make a vision board! This is something I've been meaning to do for a LONG time. Having it on the list makes me excited to finally do it!
2. Go raw for two weeks. Everyone knows I a little bit of a health junkie (minus the sugar addiction).
3. Bake something from scratch. As in, no boxed brownies. From scratch. Never done it.
4. Practice yoga for two weeks. Classes or DVD's, as long as I do it regularly for two weeks. One of my best friends is a yoga freak, she even started teaching recently, and she looks amazing!
5. Participate in a 5K. Please note that I said participate, and not run.
6. Buy flowers and plant them. When I moved in my new house, the flowers were in bloom. Now they are dead, and I have to figure out how to landscape.
7. Delete Facebook games. Laugh all you want. Judge me if you will, but I am addicted to Cafe World. And Happy Aquarium. I will soon be breaking the cycle!
8. Take a road trip, with or without my friends! Technically, this wouldn't be new, but it's been way too long.
9. Donate money to Lab Rescue of Oklahoma. I know I should give more to charity, and this is something that is close to my heart. I know I will feel good about this one!
10. Get a spa treatment. Something other than a massage or facial, like a salt scrub or body wrap.
11. Give up ten pair of shoes. Sounds crazy, right? My closet needs the space.
12. Clean my car myself. Detail it, inside and out. Wash it in my driveway kinda clean.
13. Go to the aquarium. Actually, I did this yesterday! Pics are coming!
14. Watch one classic movie a month. I actually looked at AFI's top movies, and realized there are a LOT of old movies I've never seen.
15. Host girls night at new house. I've already done this one, too! I've held two slumber parties so far, and they've been a BLAST!
16. Go to a Zumba class. I guess this is all the rage right now. A Latin dance aerobics type class, supposed to be a lot of fun. We'll see if I have the coordination for it!
17. Cook something on my grill. Obviously, I've had grilled food before. But, I've never cooked anything on an outside grill before, by myself.
18. Find a new swimsuit, that I actually like. This may very well be the most difficult. When you are as top heavy as I am, swimsuit shopping is absolutely brutal. Hell on earth.
19. Participate in a half marathon. Once again, I said participate.
20. Order dessert before dinner! I think it would be fun =)
21. Blog every day for a month. A daily blog challenge is what started me blogging in the first place!
22. Read a book of poetry. I'd gladly take any recommendations with this one.
23. One recipe a month from Vegetarian Times. Had a one year subscription. I think I should make use of all those magazines before recycling them.
24. Work out every day for a month.
25. Knit a scarf.
26. Go without television for a week.
I have eight more things! Any suggestions?
3 comments:
What are some of your fears? Maybe you could face one or two of them head-on! :)
I love the list! And, I love that you will be blogging every day for a month! That's what I started doing again in Feb. I have really enjoyed it (most of the time). Glad to see you back and love the background!
I better start training for that 5K - sounds like you are serious! ;)
How did I miss this post?? I love it. You know I love a good list and this one holds meaning. Good luck. Try Zumba. It rocks.
Ok, my dear husband NEVER logs out of his email. Which is totally annoying. That last post was me posting under this account. So sorry.
Post a Comment