Friday, May 7, 2010

Being a grown up. A single grown up.

Is it weird that even though I'm in my mid-thirties I still have moments where it doesn't seem real that I actually am, in fact, in my mid thirties? Compared to most other women my age, I do lead a bit of a different life than the norm... especially the Oklahoma, Bible Belt norm. I am a happily single, never been married gal, no children, still unsure of whether I even want children. Just me, my dog, my house, my career... and I rather like it that way. I'm pretty lucky that most people in my life accept me for who I am and don't judge. And I'm happy that everyone has backed off of the whole "I know a guy you should meet" thing.

And as lucky as I am that I have an awesome group of girls that I can turn to for anything, I don't really have any friends that I can just call up on a whim and say "hey, put on your party shoes, let's go out." My girls don't have the typical 9-5hours and sometimes work on weekends, so to get us all together, free on the same night... well, it's like an act of congress. I feel like I'm young and single, yet I don't always feel as though I'm taking advantage of it. I am truly happy where I am in life, I guess I just wish I knew more women that were also happy being single. The few single people I do know, don't seem very happy about it. Which is interesting to me, because I know plenty of people who are in miserable relationships.

(I think I need to stop watching so much Sex & the City.)

Thank heavens for my Blogger friends, who actually give me a little hope. Thank you for not blogging about how miserable you are in your marriages. I know that no relationship is perfect, but I love happy blogs! I don't want anyone to think that I'm anti-marriage or anything, I'm just happy where I'm at for the time being. I figure that when the right guy comes along, then fantastic. I just don't see the point in wallowing and wondering when that's going to happen. Life is good. There's soooooo much to be thankful for in my world.

No comments: