Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I know, I know...

I've gone missing from the Blogger world. A quick update on my life.

I just got back from Dallas and had a great time at the esthetics convention. Always a good time. I got to shop around the show floor, attend a few lectures, and a few classes. The only thing that sucks about these things is that they schedule all the classes for only two blocks of time. So in those two time frames, you have to choose which class you want to attend, and sometimes that's hard! Then you've got people trying to hop from class to class, which is just stupid. Not only are you not getting anyuseful information by leaving a class early, you disrupt the class you walk in on halfway through. There was a brazilian class I really wanted to attend on Sunday, since that's a money making service, but the class was so ridiculously crowded, and there was a line all the way down the hall. Also stupid, because if you are standing in the back of the room, there's no way you could see the model or the demo of the service.

Anyhoo, I did get to buy a few cool things. I ordered a new stool for my room, which has a saddle seat, so it forces you to sit up really straight. Got some new wax, some new skincare products from one of my favorite lines, new robes and headbands, magnifying glasses with light - like a visor, mascara and an eyelash curler, a nutritional drink and detox kit, a really cute scarf, and a some liquid eyeliner stuff you dip in glitter for crazy eye makeup. Oh - and some makeup brushes.

I found out today that Locks of Love does take color treated hair. They don't take bleached out hair, but it can be color treated. So I'm in! I've been wanting to donate my hair when it gets long enough, but for some reason I thought it couldn't be chemically treated. And let's face it ladies - I work in a salon, my hair is chemically treated every six weeks without fail. We measured it today and from the base of my ponytail it's about 7.5 inches. It has to be 10 inches, so I've got a ways to go.

Now I have to briefly express my thoughts on American Idol. I love Danny. I love Adam Lambert. Those are my favorite guys. Allison is amazing. I like Lil' Rounds. The hippie chick with the strange dance moves has got to go. So does the Texan. Everyone else is just kinda there. Good, but not great. Matt is growing on me, though. I'm still bummed by the cute little pink haired mom that left last week. She's way better than several people that stayed. Oh well, what are ya gonna do?

Word on the street is, it's supposed to snow. I'm not a fan of snow. Or ice. Or temps below 60. I am a fan of the beach, though. I'm a fan of swim-up bars. And drinks that have umbrellas. That's where I would like to be.

4 comments:

reese said...

yippy a blog :)

Glad to hear your weekend in the big D was good!!

I am SO not looking forward to this weather either!! I thought for sure we were done w/ it :(

Amanda Barefoot said...

you got loads of good stuff! ummm..i am concerned about the brazilian class you didn't attend. is the "model" (stripper) getting a brazilian on stage? :0)

Kathryn said...

I think the Brazilian is awesome (class and all)....if I didn't know you so well...you'd be my gal. Glad you had a nice trip.

Brandi said...

Glad you had a good trip with lots of goodies to bring home!
Thanks for your comment on my blog - looks like we will all be stranded inside for the weekend - so blogging will be a top priority! LOL!
To answer your question - Kenyon is building in Edmond right now - but he also builds in Yukon and Mustang (occassionally). Edmond is keeping him busy - so for now he's just staying there.
I'm glad you liked the pictures of the house and the fireplace. I told Kenyon what you said because he loves to hear what people want in their home. He's always designing and redesigning!