Friday, March 27, 2009

What a week...

It's been a fun work week. I came back with all my goodies from Dallas, and I got new tile in my room yesterday. My carpet was a disaster. The girl who rented the room before me had made a disgusting mess of the carpet. There were big black spots all over, and we were never quite sure what it was. Some thought it might be color, or tint, from tinting eyebrows and lashes, but some of these spots were big. I think it was wax. Anyway, I had the option of tan or black tile, and I went with black. Now my floor looks awesome. It looks like a whole new room. You should all come see it! Now I can't wait to go shopping for a rug.

This was one of those weird weeks where business was SLOW. I mean dead. Not just me, but all the stylists as well. I didn't have any gift certificate clients, and none of my regular standing appointment clients fell on this week. As long as I can make my room rent, I've learned not to stress out about weeks like this. I just enjoy the time off that I get, and try to be productive in other ways. As slow as this week was, I already have six facials on the book for next week. That doesn't include my waxing clients, and last minute callers.

The line of skincare products I brought in to retail has also been doing very well. I just placed another order the other day, because I sold out of my moisturizer and I'm down to two bottles of hydrating mist. If you want to know what brand I carry, you can check out www.302skincare.com and find out more!

Off to another random and different subject... I totally do NOT understand men and the need for surround sound. I can hear the television just fine without the living room sounding like a drug deal gone wrong, or I'm in the middle of a high speed chase. Or I'm actually at a concert. If I'm in the bedroom trying to watch TV, while Clint is in our home theater/living room, I can't hear Millionaire Matchmaker or Rock of Love Bus(priorities, duh!)over the sounds of WWIII right outside the bedroom door. Literally. One of the surround sound speakers is a foot from the bedroom door. I just don't get it. I'm a girl, so I never will.

2 comments:

Amanda Barefoot said...

i totally relate to the loud t.v.! i do not like my living room to sound like a movie theater!

Clinton said...

Well I understand...BUT, I also don't like that the movie theaters sound like living rooms. Every time I'm at the movie theater it's just a bunch of people sitting around talking and eating - whily little kids run back and forth in front the screen... that's got to be more annoying... right? Word.