Monday, April 6, 2009

Not much to say.

But I did just realize it's been a week since I've blogged. What's new in my world?

I had a pretty low key weekend, which was nice. I got to catch up on a few movies I've been wanting to see for a while. The boyfriend surprised me the other day when Marley & Me came in the mail. I read the book years ago, but the movie still made me cry at the end. Then the boyfriend was angry I made him watch it, because he said it was depressing and he was going to have nightmares of Hayden dog dying. If that doesn't prove how much he loves my dog, I don't know what does. Then I made him watch Twilight, which he also bought for me. Which leads me to realize I probably owe him some movie watching time involving sci-fi, fantasy, or horror movies. Without complaining. These next two I watched alone, as the boyfriend flat out refused to watch any more of my movies. I saw Slumdog Millionaire, finally, and it was awesome. Then I watched Seven Pounds, which I actually really liked, even though it started out slow, and I felt a little confused at the beginning. By the end, though... wow! What a powerful movie. Loved it. Rent it. And keep Kleenex by your side.

Today I worked on my website. I totally changed it up. It wasn't eye catching before, so I jazzed it up a bit. Now it's cute! Then I met my mom for lunch, and we went and got facials. It was so nice to lay down for an hour and have someone else give me a facial. It looks like we're going to make a monthly habit of this! My mom has been going to the same esthetician for many, many years, so it's funny when people are shocked that my mom doesn't come to me for her facials. But I'd rather go with my mom, and get a facial instead!

I spent the weekend doing a detox/cleanse thing. It was supposed to be a three day liquid cleanse, but I only did two and a half days. I forgot I made the lunch plans when I planned this whole thing out. So, for two days I prepped for the detox, meaning I cut out all dairy, refined sugar and flour, caffeine, and alcohol. If I was a meat eater, I would've needed to give that up, too. Then for the next three days - two and a half in my case! - I drank a mixture of fresh lemon juice, pure maple syrup, and distilled water. It tasted like lemonade and was really pretty yummy. The very first day - prep day 1 - I was really wanting my coffee. The smell of coffee in the house is so divine. I love that smell. Then I had a headache most of the day. Caffeine and sugar are two major food groups in my life so the first few days without was bad. The lemonade days really weren't as bad as I anticipated. I was never really hungry, but I had cravings like crazy. And going back to solid food today, I was very reasonable about what I ate. Next time, I'm doing the full three days. I feel great! And I fit into my new Abercrombie PJ pants I got when trading in Clint's PJ pants from his family. They shrunk a little after the first wash, and they weren't super loose to begin with. Abercrombie does not cater to the chubby girl. They don't even cater to the normal girl. Apparently, they only cater to anorexic 12 year olds, and coked out models who are over 5 foot 10. Not a good store for my self esteem. I digress. Sorry. But yeah, I fit into my skinny PJ pants. When I fit in my skinny jeans, I'm throwing a party for all my Blogger friends. You'll all be invited.

1 comment:

reese said...

haha skinny pj pants!! - gotta start somewhere:0)