which is why I haven't blogged in a few days. It's been a crazy couple of days, but I've been trying to keep my head up and think about all the things that really matter to me. On Friday, I drove to Chickasha and attended the funeral of a guy I went to junior high and high school with. I hate funerals anyway, but to see someone's life cut so short, leaving a new wife and children behind, was especially difficult. It's always so strange to attend the funeral of someone your own age. It was great to see so many of my old classmates, some I've known since elementary school, but it was so unfortunate that it was under those circumstances. Of course, saying goodbye to someone you know, especially someone close to your age, makes you question so many things. Everyone is different, but for me, I always think about what I've done with my life, and how I've treated people in my life, whether it be a general aquaintance or a close friend. I think about how I'm living my life, and if I'm doing things that really make me happy. I guess what I'm getting at is this... life is too short to be miserable and boring, and life is too short to sit around the house and watch TV all day long. Or sit on my computer all day long. We need to remember the simple things that make us happy. I've started running. Not that I can run a long time, but I'm really liking the way I feel after I do it. I'm planning a little weekend trip to Denver this summer to see one of my best friends. I've never been to Denver, so I'm looking forward to a new experience, and of course, girl time with my bestie! I'm taking a bubble bath tonight. I went to the movies by myself today. It's the little things!
Another thing that got me down was talking to my mom yesterday. She asked if I had talked to my grandma lately (which I hadn't), and told me her kidneys are beginning to fail. She said they wouldn't do a transplant on someone that age, so the only options were really complete kidney failure or dialysis. I called my grandma today and talked to her for almost an hour. We talked for half an hour before she even said anything about her kidneys. She acted like it was no big deal. I guess she's going to her doctor tomorrow for another test, so we'll see. I think he's going to refer her to a specialist in OKC. What's frustrating is that my granny should've had surgery on her eyes months and months ago, but she just kept putting it off. Now this. Up until a few years ago, she was still mowing her yard every summer and working out in the garden. It's starting to show that she's a little old lady, and that's really hard for me to watch. At the same time, I know the aging process is inevitable, so I just have to deal with it.
OKAY, I'm not going to let my entire blog be a downer. I haven't responded to any of my blog comments in awhile, so let's see if I can get caught up!
Kathy - I'm LOVING Big Love. I'm maybe halfway through the first season, but I've already put seasons 2 and 3 in my queue. I'm a HUGE fan of Weeds! I actaully own the first three seasons, but since we don't have Showtime, I have to wait for the fourth season to come out on DVD, so I can get caught up.
Amanda - If you ever make it back to OK, we're totally going out for White Russians. Or you can just come over and I'll make them. I'm a great bartender.
Brandi - I'm so thankful I got to meet you, too! It's funny you had to ask my name, I just assumed you knew! I never thought about my name not being anywhere on my blogger profile =). I don't think I had many classes with Kenyon, so I really never knew him that well. Hopefully next time, it will be under much happier circumstances. You guys would love Netflix! Movies delivered right to your door! We have DVR now, but I went a couple years without it, so I use Netflix to get caught up on old TV series I've missed out on. Especially the ones on HBO and Showtime. And the occasional movie, as well.
3 comments:
This was a touching and very thoughtful blog. I agree....life is too short and living it to the fullest is the only way to go. I am so glad you watch Weeds. I have the whole 4th season DVR'd. You should come watch it with me.
i'm so sorry about your friend. you are right, it's so weird when it's someone your age. granny's are awesome. why are they such hard workers and don't complain about anything?
btw..clint is planning a trip for our 5 yr anniv to hilton head!! i'm so excited!!
and yes, white russians for sure! :0)
I have been so depressed since the funeral - I handle death funny - my "shock" factor lasts longer than most - and it usually is after the funeral that I feel terrible! I can't stop thinking about his kids - and how Kenyon and I pray that we live to see Kaeden grow up - and I know that is every parents prayer. I have also been evaluating my life - and yes, being on the computer is a waste of time - so I only log on after Kenyon and Kaeden are both snoring! (Maybe not a total waste - but I don't want to neglect my family for it).
On another subject - I got a text from my friend Sandy (Our Not so Ordinary Life) and she wanted to know who you were too! This alias is throwing everyone off! ha!ha!
I really hope that you and I can get together some time for lunch or something!
Post a Comment