(Like the English Toffee tea. But add a little soy milk and sugar, and yumm-o. It's like dessert in a glass.)
I also fell in love with a seasonal Candy Cane tea, which I will definitely be consuming lots of during the holidays! All the teas I tasted were super yummy, but those are the two that really stood out...
Next, we started the official tour. We began with a video about the company, then put on our hair nets, and headed to the production area. At different places, we would stop while the tour guide gave us info on different things going on, but I didn't find too much technical detail to be all that interesing. My favorite part was the "mint room". Because mint is so strong and powerful, they have to seperate it from everything else. So they made a room just for the peppermint and spearmint. When you walk in, it's like instant sinus relief. It smelled so good, I didn't want to leave! After the tour, we browsed the gift shop. Lots of fun stuff there. Kendra and I both bought environmentally friendly, reusable,stainless water bottles. I also bought a super cute bag by Bungalow 360, with the recycle logo all over. I could've easily stocked up on tea, but since all I packed was a carry on, I didn't have any extra room.
One thing I did learn during the tour, something that warmed my little environmentally friendly heart... by not putting little paper tags on their tea bags, not using strings, staples, or wrappers, and by packaging the product in 100% recycable boxes, they save 3.5 million pounds of waste each year! I will definitely be buying more Celestial Seasonings tea!
This is kind of unrelated, but did you know that peppermint tea is wonderful for an upset tummy? I learned that years ago, and always keep a supply of mint tea at home. I can't remember the last time I had to take Pepto Bismol for a tummyache. Hot peppermint tea does the trick every time.
2 comments:
good story!!! I like to use their tea bags to add flavor to my sun tea - so good!
My grandma always told me to keep peppermints around - but I never thought of peppermint tea - I'm going to try that! It has to taste better than Pepto!! ;) Thanks for the tip about the spray tan, too!
Post a Comment