Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I heart you, holidays...

but I'm kinda ready for you to be over, so life can go back to business as usual. After yet ANOTHER trip to Target, where I spent even more money on holiday goodness, I came home and made little holiday bags for tomorrow night's Christmas soiree. I'm not kidding when I say I should own stock in Target. It's ridiculous how much of my income is sucked away by that little red and white bullseye. Damn you, Target! Anyway, after making holiday bags with little bottles of Bailey's, hot cocoa mix, and chocolate, I made cranberry fluff for my work Christmas fiesta, which turned out YUMMY! It's in the fridge right now, soaking up flavor for tomorrow. Thanks, Brandi!

I thought about doing my yoga DVD again, but seriously... I am still so freaking sore! I can't believe it worked my abs like that. I'm going to need all the help I can get since I seem to be trying to eat my weight in sweet holiday treats. We're supposed to have a chocolate lava cake at tomorrow night's shin-dig. Today at work I had the most amazing thing ever. It was a graham cracker with a toffee topping. Apparently, you take two sticks of butter, brown sugar, and pecans, and warm that up to make the topping. Then just drizzle it on a graham cracker. Maybe bake it for about 5 minutes and you're done.

I think I forgot the point of this blog. Not that there was much of a point, but I guess it's this. I'm already overdosing on sugar and it's still a week before Christmas. If you don't hear from me for a while, it's because I'm in a sugar coma. I'm reminded of the Sex and the City where Miranda eats cake out of the trash can. Then she calls Carrie and tells her what she did. "You will probably need this information when you check me in to the Betty Crocker clinic." I love it! If I could figure out how to add a You Tube video, I'd post it. I'll have to figure that out soon!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

How funny!

I'm glad the Cranberry Fluff turned out good! I've got to go to the store this weekend to buy the ingredients so I can make it for our Christmas dinner.

BTW - Kenyon graduated in 1994.