Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm gonna babble about a whole lot of nothin'...

These are my thoughts right now...

1. Good Will Hunting is on television. I forgot how much I LOVE this movie. It's one of the few movies I had to go see at the theater twice. However, it's on Bravo, so it's edited and with commercials, so I'll have to pop in the DVD some other time.

2. Chairlift is coming to Norman. They are playing at the Opolis on Wed March 18. Their song "Bruises" is/was featured on an Ipod commercial. I found them when listening to a radio podcast on Itunes. If you are friends with me on Myspace, their song "Planet Health" is at the top of my playlist. Give it a listen. I love 'em!

3. I got a late Christmas present the other day from my step-grandmother. She gave me and Clint tickets to go see the Lion King when it comes to the Civic Center in May. I'm excited, probably more so than the boyfriend. She also gave me a big bag of Christmas flavored Ghiradelli chocolates, which I'm happily consuming.

4. I got my taxes done today, and I feel much better, getting that out of the way. I'm all set up to pay quarterly next year, and on a payment plan for '08. That's what I get for not putting any back this past year.

5. I was so incredibly excited about the Oscars this year. Some years I am, other years I don't really get into it. I thought this was a great year for the show! Hugh Jackman was a great host, Ben Stiller CRACKED ME UP when he walked out like Joaquin Phoenix, I loved the Pineapple Express bit with hottie James Franco and Seth Rogen, and I was quite pleased with most of the winners. Of course I was stoked about my girl Kate... who looked absolutely stunning, but I was rooting for Sean Penn or Mickey Rourke to win best actor. Hooray for you, Sean Penn! I can't wait until more of these movies come out on DVD. I've got 'em all saved in my Netflix queue. I should expect Vicky Christina Barcelona in the mail tomorrow.

6. I just finished season one of Samantha Who? Super cute show, easy watch. Christina Applegate is just too cute. And hello, Barry Watson. I had such a big crush on him when he was on 7th Heaven. I think he's actually cuter, now that he's gotten a little older. Next on the TV series list is Californication.

So readers, here's what you can tell me... what TV shows would you recommend, new or old? Now that I have Netflix, I can catch up on stuff I couldn't keep up with before we had DVR. If I haven't seen it already, I'll add it to my list.

2 comments:

reese said...

Californication is an awesome series I just wish the seasons were longer!

Brandi said...

I'm glad you got your taxes done. Our accountant is still working on ours - she gave Kenyon an estimate last week and he said he almost wrecked the car! Lets hope her estimate is too high...

I can't help you out much on the shows. The only ones I ever get to watch are Survivor and Friday Night Lights (which I know you are up to date on!). I did miss last weeks episode of Survivor though because our DVR memory was full. :(