Sunday, March 7, 2010

My crazy dream...

Okay, I never remember my dreams. And when I do remember, it doesn't last long before the memory of it starts slowly slipping out of my brain. I thought that since I actually remembered my dream last night, I'd share the weirdness with you. Not that it's that weird... my dreams are never psychedelic or trippy, they're normal situations that weave into each other resulting in something that makes absolutely no sense. Keep in mind, I knew I wouldn't have the chance to blog until later today, so I constantly had to replay it in my mind today. Here we go...

I start off outside of a hospital, out in the ambulance bay, and I'm waxing Kelly Monaco's eyebrows. If you don't know who Kelly Monaco is, she is on General Hospital (which I haven't watched in years, but used to be addicted), and was on Dancing With The Stars (which I've never seen before because I think it's the dumbest show ever). So, got my wax trolley set up outside, waxing Kelly Monaco's eyebrows. Awesome. I finished one eyebrow, it looked perfect, and I spread wax on the other eyebrow, when suddenly, she has to be somewhere. She just darts off, and I'm trying to tell her I'm not done, and that there's still wax on her eyebrow, and she just says, "that's okay, I have to go". I stand in disbelief for a moment, and decide to go back in the hospital. Because apparently, our salon has relocated to a floor at the hospital.


As I'm strolling through the hospital, heading back to work, I decide to swing by and see my friend Reese, who works at the hospital (in real life and the dream). I see her, she's not busy, I wave and try to talk to her, but she completely blows me off. Says she's busy in a rather aloof manner, so I decide to keep going without saying anything else, even though my feelings are terribly hurt. As I turn and leave her station, I run into a girl who compliments my shoes and asks me where I got them. I look down at my shoes, they're Nike's... I tell her I designed them myself on the Nike website. (They're super cute, too... makes me want new tennis shoes). The weird thing is, as I'm telling her about my shoes, I look down and realize I'm wearing two different tennis shoes. They are similar, both are black, silver, and pink... but two completely different tennis shoes. I become terribly embarrassed, thank the girl, and dart off, hoping she didn't notice my mismatched shoes.

As I continue my stroll through the hospital, I decide I want to go by the nursery and check out the newborns. I get to the nursery, peer through the window, and notice it's dark. There aren't any babies, and I'm upset. And really disappointed.

I keep walking, and at this point, I don't even think I'm concerned about getting back to work. I just keep walking and checking out parts of the hospital... and I become very nervous when I realize I'm wearing my scrubs. I'm terrified that because I'm wearing scrubs in a hospital, someone will think I work there (which technically I do, since the salon has relocated), and they will think I'm qualified to handle an emergency. It's at this point, I get to the part of the hospital where emergency situations are handled. And I freeze. I'm terrified. I'm watching all this craziness around me, paramedics are carrying people on stretchers, and having to decide where to take them. I'm standing near the escalators, because yes... this hospital has escalators, and I see a boy and his dad go by on stretchers. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with them, why they are there, and I'm frozen and wide eyed in shock.

And then I wake up.

The End.

1 comment:

reese said...

Dude that was a crazy dream --- sorry I blew you off (hehhee) -- the reason why there were no babies b/c if you saw me at my work that means you were at the porter campus and we no longer have babies there they all moved to the healthplex -- so the nursery in real life is dark & empty --- the last part sounds like my real work -- paramedics trying to figure out where to put the peeps yep real life junk.... Crazzzzzzzy!!