So, I was notified today that it's been a while since I last blogged. I was missed! Even though I haven't posted in a while, I've been keeping up with everyone else's blogs. I guess there's nothing I've really felt like blogging about. But I can update you on what's been going on in my life.
My friend Phoebe is in town until the first of February, then she's leaving for China. To live. For at least a year. We've been spending lots of quality time together while she's here, and I honestly forgot how exhausting it is to have a social life. It's been so much fun though, and I love spending time with my friends. As long as Phoebe doesn't make jello shots, we'll be just fine.
Oh, okay, so the title of my blog. Why is this my favorite time of the year, you ask. And what's so sad about it? I'm about to admit what a big nerd I am, but that's okay. I LOVE American Idol. LOVE. IT. I love it all, the whole process. I know a lot of people that just like the auditions, and some people that just like it when it gets narrowed down to the final 12 or final 6. I love it all. The good, the bad, the ugly. Hollywood week might be my favorite. I already have a few favorites - I love the rocker chick with pink and blonde hair who sang Barracuda for her audition. She's giving up a tour in Europe with her band to be on the show. And there's the music teacher who just lost his wife to a heart defect four weeks before auditioning. He didn't sound at all like I expected - those are always my favorites - the ones where you go "who knew they could sing?".
In other television news - Friday Night Lights season 3 just premiered on NBC last night. Season 3 started exclusive to Direct TV, so I've already seen all the episodes they will be showing. But if you don't have Direct TV, and you enjoyed seasons 1 and 2, you better set your DVR's! I think FNL is one of the BEST shows out there.
The Biggest Loser also started almost three weeks ago. How can you not like this show? It makes me cry every time. So inspiring. So motivational. Which brings me to my weight loss journey. I set some goals for myself - I think that slow and steady wins the race. So my first "weigh in" is Feb 3. If I reach my goal, I get to reward myself! And the reward will be a one hour massage. If that doesn't motivate me, nothing will. My next weigh in will be March 3, the next April 3. By April, I will have reached my final goal - woo hoo! I'll try and keep you posted with updates - and send positive energy my way. I'll need it as I do my best not to beat someone with a stick until they give me their candy bar.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you blogged! :) American Idol, FNL, and The Biggest Loser are all my fav's too! Kenyon forgot to set the DVR for FNL so we missed the first episode on Friday - but hopefully we will get caught up fast! I'm so glad it's back on - seems like forever!
Good luck on the weight loss! I ran 2 miles yesterday and today my legs are killing me - but it's still a good feeling. :)
Post a Comment