Monday, January 5, 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

I hope everyone had a fabulous time celebrating the end of '08. I know I did. Until about 12:45 am, when I could be found head over toilet bowl. Not too pretty. The funny thing is, we actually had Happy 2000 napkins at the party. So I guess I tried to party like it was literally the year 2000, when I could've probably partied like a rock star. I partied like I was in my twenties. I danced like Y2K was upon us and the world was ending. In my pajamas. In my friend's living room. New Years Resolution #1: Never accept another jello shot. Not one. Especially not five. Or ten.

Okay, so resolutions. I don't usually make them. And I don't really feel like I'm making them this year, but I have set a few goals for myself. I need to lose weight. Pronto. I got a treadmill for Christmas (yeah, my parents rock!), so as soon as that's set up, I'm seriously working out. Seriously. I have no clothes that fit. I have a closet full of pants that are two sizes too small. Not cool. How did this happen? I'm lazy and I eat crap when I'm bored. Next goal... get out my fashion slump. Or "lack of fashion", might be better. I'm tired of not feeling cute! I find myself wearing T-shirts and workout pants way too often. Which would be cool if I had actually been working out. I don't know when I started thinking I was being selfish or arrogant by wanting to look good, but I think that's what happened. And it doesn't help that I have a great boyfriend who likes me skinny or fat, or T-shirts or tunics, but I don't want to be anyone's fat girlfriend! I want to be healthy and happy. And hot! =)

No more fat talk! All in all 2008 was a great year! In February, Clint and had our one year anniversary. That was a first for me! Who knew I'd ever be in a relationship longer than six weeks?! I moved in with him in April, Hayden in tow, then we moved together into the new house in October. I got to attend my first esthetics trade show in Dallas in April, which was awesome. I can't wait to go again in 2009. I attended two OU home games, one with my girl Reese, her boyfriend Brad, and my Clinton. The other I went with my little brother Daniel and a few of his friends. The holidays were great, other than me being sick at Thanksgiving, and Clint sick at Christmas. I had some quality lake time with my old school girls during the 4th of July weekend. What else? We got DVR! I still love my job! I love my friends, my dog, my Clint! So much to be grateful for! 2008 was great, 2009 is only going to get better! At the top of the wish list is a vacation of some sort. Even a weekend getaway would suffice. Just get me out of Oklahoma for a few days and I'll be a happy camper. No, not a happy camper. Camping would NOT be fun. I'd be a happy vacationer. A happy tourist. A happy girl!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations on the new house and well I guess come February two years! That is fantastic!

Brandi said...

HELLO?? I'm just wondering if you are still recouperating from your New Years Eve festivities?? Missing you! :)