Monday, May 11, 2009

Boring Blog

I haven't blogged in a while, so here's what you missed.

Our back yard is out of control, but the front yard looks fantastic. We had a day last week, Wednesday I think, where it didn't rain and the sun actually came out. So we mowed the front yard, pulled some weeds, put a cute little border around one of the flowerbeds. This was after we took the dog for a little jog around the neighborhood. Thursday I woke up SO sore, which sucked, because I had plans to walk in a memorial walk for Special Olympics late Thursday afternoon. I seriously considered not going, but I would've felt bad if I missed it. Plus I thought it might be good to stretch my legs out by walking a few laps around the track. Well, Friday morning I about fell out of bed. My poor little sore legs. I was doing such a good job of keeping up with my running, but this set me back a few days. I can't wait to get back on the treadmill tomorrow!

We had such a busy weekend. Friday night Clint and I went out to eat with his grandparents and his aunt and uncle. I ate so much I thought they should've wheeled me out of the restuarant. Saturday I went to the Doxie Dash, after working that afternoon. If you've never been before, and you are a dog lover, then you must go next year! It was such a blast! I've never seen so many weenie dogs under one roof. My friend T's dog was racing it this year, and she made T-shirts for us to wear that said Team Charlie Bean. I didn't take any pictures, and when Party Pics came by to take a group photo, I was off playing with dogs that the Humane Society was trying to adopt out. I'm terrible about taking pictures, even when I bring my camera with me. Oh, well. After the Doxie Dash, we had to go to the grocery store to buy food to make for Sunday. Sunday we drove to Chickasha and had an early lunch with my family. Then we drove back to Blanchard to have a later lunch with Clint's family. I ate entirely too much over the weekend.

So, did you know it's impossible to find frozen cranberries in the middle of spring? We went to the grocery store because I wanted to make cranberry fluff. I got the recipe from my blogger friend Brandi, and it went over well at Christmas. We go to the grocery store here in Blanchard, and get everything we need for it. The last thing on the list is cranberries, so we head over to the frozen fruit section, and all they have is generic fruit. Best Choice. No cranberries. They have strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mango, mixed berries... they even have rhubarb! But no cranberries. At this point I am so tired, my legs are starting to hurt, I just wanna go home. But no, we decide to drive over to Tri-City to go to Wal-Mart. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I have a strong distaste for Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart. But it's the closest place, so off we go. We fight the crowd and find the frozen fruit aisle. No cranberries. Good thing we didn't need Cool whip. Only three tubs left. Did I mention I hate Wal-Mart. I said "screw it, we're making a green bean casserole." Unfortunately, I'm still craving the cranberry fluff.

1 comment:

Amanda Barefoot said...

wal-mart makes me want to claw my eyes out...and everyone around me.