after the TIGI makeup class I attended yesterday. It was so ghetto, it was ridiculous.
So, I've seen the TIGI makeup at the beauty supply stores, and I really just wanted to know a little more about it. Maybe if I liked it, I thought I'd buy a few things for work, when I do makeup on clients. And the stuff wasn't really that bad. I made the mistake of volunteering to be a model. I said "you can do whatever you want to me". One of the girls in the class saw a picture in the catalog of a dramatic eye done with liquid liner. Since I don't really like liquid liner, I thought it would be good to see a professional apply it. And I don't mind a dramatic look, kind of a smoky eye, even a "cat eye" kind of look. I can pull it off when it's done well. The only way I can desribe it is like this... instead of feathering the liner out, like at the outer part of the eye, she feathered it in, like the inner part of my eye. Who feathers the liner IN? And it wasn't really feathered, it was a little line done with liquid liner. And no, I did not take a picture.
I had planned on going to the big health food store after the class, since I was in OKC, but instead I went straight home and washed the crap off my eyes. And washed. And washed. And washed. It took a q-tip and three jumbo cotton balls to get most of it off. Then I used a washcloth for the rest. What's even funnier to me, is that the makeup artist is one of two girls that does the makeup for the OKC Thunder dancers. Since I believe in learning something from every experience, I learned I'm going to stick with mineral makeup. I'm good with the natural look, whether I'm doing it on myself, or someone else. I was also glad I went because they had Rusk products "Buy one, get one free". Who doesn't like a sale like that?
I just started reading The Secret. I'm hoping it will help me rid my mind of the negativity I have clouding it. I usually try to be a positive person, but lately I've been really hard on myself. And it needs to stop!
2 comments:
I've been there - done that! One time I went to the mall to shop but decided to get my makeup done first - big mistake! I couldn't shop looking like that so I went home! But - I really wish you would have taken a picture! :)
first off i would LOVE to have seen a pic of you w/ that make-up
second - saw the video the secret very powerful i try to practice the positive thinking but sometimes its hard :)
Post a Comment