Monday, November 3, 2008

Why I love Mondays...

I know I've been missing from the world of blogging, but I'm back! I really missed blogging, but the truth is, I've hardly been on the computer at all in the last week. And anyone that knows me, should know that that is not like me at all!

The fact is, I'm exhausted and today is the first day of "me time" I've had in a litle while. Monday is usually my day to myself, and last week was the day I picked up my grandma and took my dog to the vet for shots and a bath. Which means lots of driving, and having to go here and there, and everywhere. Since then, it's been work, house stuff, friend stuff, family stuff, more work, and more friend stuff. Don't get me wrong... I love my friends and family, I love my house, I LOVE my boyfriend... but the pure quiet that I'm experiencing right now, not having to be anywhere, not having to jump in the shower right away... it's pure bliss! I am going to a TIGI makeup class later, and finish a little laundry, but other than that... I think I'll watch some TV, maybe go on a walk, play with my dog, just take it easy.

In other news... can you believe we are still moving things from the old house? We're almost finished, but I'm ready to be DONE! If we ever move again, we are hiring movers, and I will pay for them myself, because it will be SO worth it! Clint and I trying to move heavy items, with the help of his grandparents is definitely a comedy of errors. When his mom and stepdad show up, it's sitcom material. I just stand back and watch everyone argue about how to get whatever large item out the door. The new house definitely is starting to look like home, everything is pretty much where it's going to be, except the two spare bedrooms. Everything else looks good, though, and I'm glad we were able to do some fun decorating for Halloween. We strung some orange lights around a few windows and in the kitchen, put in some black lights in a few rooms, taped a skeleton in the window, and had a glowing pumpkin in another window. It looked really good, and we had a few friends over the night before Halloween to watch a scary movie and hand out candy to kids. Unfortunately, we hardly had any kids trick or treating, so we're stuck the boatloads of candy! And I'm sure I've already gained 10 pounds from the chocolate I can't stop eating.

No comments: