Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today was a new day...

Every day is a new day, actually. But I needed today to be better than yesterday after my little pity party. And... it was! I got to hang out with peeps tonight at my friend Lisa's house, which always involves good food, red wine, catching up, and in tonight's case, communicating with our friend Phoebe via Skype for over an hour.
I also heard from my little brother Daniel. I haven't talked to him in a little over a year, and haven't seen him in almost two and a half years. After a day of texting and learning he'll be in Norman for the OU-Texas Tech game, we made plans to get together and go to the game. I'm super excited about that!
And, I started reading the first book of the Twilight series. I was a little reluctant at first, because I thought they were just silly teenager books, but I kept hearing adults (my age!) talk about how fantastic these books were. Right now I've got the first book on loaner from a friend at work, but I'm most likely going to have to make a trip to the bookstore for the remainder of the series. I've only read maybe 70 pages or so, but I'm HOOKED! I can't wait to see the movie!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm so glad you are having a better day! I have also heard a lot of great things about those books - maybe I should pick one up too.

reese said...

geez! EVERYONE is reading that book!! lindy is too, you all should go to the movie together.