Of course, I already know the answer to that question. Maybe I should ask... who in their right mind would ever run a marathon? Actually, I already know the answer to that question, too. I have friends that run marathons. I think they are all crazy. Because here's the deal. A marathon is like 26 miles or something ridiculous. I just started taking little walks around the neighborhood with little bursts of a jog here and there, and my entire miles for the month of June don't even tally 26 miles. According to my Ipod, my total miles for June are 19.7 miles. And that took me almost 5 hours to accomplish. Okay, so I broke it up week by week, and every week does show an improvement. So I have that. Oh - and I've lost a whole pound since I've started this, too. A whole pound.
Honestly, I kind of feel like giving up. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm just meant to be a short, chubby gal. But here's the deal. I'm NOT giving up! At least not right now. I just keep trying to focus on how I feel, and not what the scale says. Here are my stats for the month of June(by week):
(I didn't start walking again until the second week)
Week Two: 4.92 miles
Week Three: 6.44 miles
Week Four: 8.32 miles
I'm still tracking my food on fitday.com and it's definitely helping me see where I need to change a few things. Other than that, life is good. We've got so many people around town shooting off fireworks already, and we can see quite a few from our house. The dog goes crazy, running around the backyard and barking every time the people next door or behind us let some pop. He ran around so crazy last night that he slept like a little log! I can still hear him breathing and panting so heavy, and he's been inside fifteen minutes already. I would take a picture, but I need batteries for my camera. I'm so bad about buying batteries. Why is it that every time I need batteries for something, I always forget to buy them on my next run to the store! Anybody else do that?
1 comment:
I commend you. I seriously do. Exercising is one of those love/hate relationships. And for the record...you look hot! You are so not the chubby girl. Keep up the good work. In this heat, it ain't easy.
Post a Comment