Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fruit flies and John McCain

It's nice to know that I'm not alone... in the fruit fly department, that is. Apparently, everyone else I know is battling with these pesky little creatures as well. Which means I can't wait for it to cool down a little bit. Sweatshirt weather! OU-TX weekend! Halloween! Candy! Election time! Fall is here, and I like it!

Except I will be really happy when this election is over. I'm sick of it already. If I have to pass another McCain-Palin yard sign or spot another bumper sticker, I might have to resort to vandalism. I'm still trying to figure out why so many women in Oklahoma are going gay for Palin. She scares the bejesus out of me. And as I'm watching the debate on TV right now (half ass listening), I'm really made uncomfortable by McCain. Why does he have to stand so close to people? Why does he refer to everyone as his "friend"? Why doesn't he think health care is a right? With every debate I see, I'm made even more certain that my vote was for the right man.

I can't believe that a year ago, I was getting ready to go to Mexico. I guess now I'll have to settle for a Corona in my living room, and a Mexican lawn boy. I can barely afford a meal at On The Border.

No comments: