Saturday, October 4, 2008
pityriasis rosea
I missed yesterday, but not on purpose. I have limited access to the internet, until Clint is finished downloading the Practice on the other computer. It's amazing how I went so many years without the internet, at least 20-something years, now when I don't have it, I feel like I'm lost. I research everything on the internet. If I'm not feeling well, I go the internet to diagnose myself. About a year and a half ago, I came up with a really crazy rash all over my body. Freaked me out! It was when I had just moved back from Tennessee. I've never had an allergic reaction to anything, so I didn't think that was it. It didn't itch, it just looked really gross. After my internet research, I convinced myself I had scabies. Before driving back, I stayed at a nice beach hotel in Myrtle Beach, so I thought maybe I caught the hotel cooties. It was terrible. So I made an appointment with my dermatologist (who is a mean old man), and it turns out I had something called pityriasis rosea. He wrote me a two week prescription for Valtrex, which it turns out, is ridiculously expensive at CVS if you don't have health insurance. I only got a week long supply, because I couldn't afford to fill it for another week. But, alas, it went away, and should never come back. I guess it's kinda like chicken pox. Grown up chicken pox without the itch. And really big ugly spots allover your arms and legs. Gross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment