Monday, April 5, 2010

P3 & Positivity

Another day of being up early, before the alarm... and I kinda love it. Not sure if my body has finally adjusted itself to daylight savings time or what, but it works! These last few mornings I've woken up full of energy, excited to face the world, get things done, and have a little time for myself at the end of the day. This magnet is on my fridge and I read it over and over throughout the day. Cheesy? Maybe. But it works for me, and nothing feels better than optimism flowing through my veins.


(I also like the feeling of coffee flowing through my veins, which leads me to my next thought.)

I finished the low calorie part of my diet, and have moved on to Phase 3! This part of the diet consists of upping your calories to the number needed to maintain your weight, eating NO sugars or starches, and staying stable at your last dosage weight from the last phase. I'm three days into it, and happy to report I am staying stable! I've added dairy back to my diet, and don't seem to have a problem. Which means I can have Starbucks again!!! Yippee!!


(Since I can't have starches, I have to tell you how I made "mashed potatoes" last night!)

I've heard of this before, but I guess I just wasn't quite adventurous enough! Okay, so I boiled a few cups of cauliflower until soft, then pureed it in a blender, adding cottage cheese and sour cream. Then I put it back on the stove top and melted in butter, adding in seasonings... garlic salt, sea salt, cracked black pepper. Oh. My. Goodness. It was DIVINE! And it tasted just like mashed potatoes. Next time I'll probably use more sour cream, and melt in a little cheddar cheese.

Just got a call... looks like my pedi/facial trade is off. Bummer! I now see laundry in my future!

1 comment:

Amanda Barefoot said...

you have so much self discipline. i'm very impressed.