Silly Oklahoma weather! It sure likes to keep us guessing, doesn't it? I was so enjoying the sunshine! I forced myself to get on the treadmill today. Since I walked outside all week before, it just seemed like it took so much effort to do it inside. As soon as the sun comes out again, my yard is going to need some serious work. This rain is going to make the grass and weeds grow like crazy!
I got a little giggle the other day when I got two comments about not turning on the A/C yet. Because when I woke up this morning, I seriously considered turning on the heat again. I was wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants, and I was cold. The thermostat said 68, so I thought I'd just rough it out... layer a bit if I had to. Did I mention I'm a little cold natured? I don't usually turn on the A/C until it's at least 80 in the house, and when I wrote that blog the other day, it was only 78. It's just one of many reasons I like not having a roommate.
When I lived with my friend Phoebe in college, we constantly had thermostat wars. She loves cold weather. The first day it snowed the winter we lived together, I came home to find her bedroom window partially open. I freaked. A few weeks or so later, I thought she would be staying the night with her boyfriend, because it was pretty late and she hadn't come home yet, so I cranked the heat up pretty high. She came home after I'd gone to bed. And freaked. Thinking back to that makes me laugh. She was soooo pissed!
No comments:
Post a Comment